Cannot find user in user picker field whereas user has permission

sahere May 18, 2021

Hi all

We switch our jira users to active directory; for some users, they added to some groups and the groups have been added to desired projects, But, the problem is that the mentioned users are not searchable in the projects, even we cannot add that user using "add user to a role" of projects (jira cannot match and find that user). I tried permission helper section of jira and still it cannot find that user but in the user management section, we can find that user also in the user switch addon we can switch to that user. in the user management section, the login details of that user recorded as "Never logged in", i asked users to login to jira, after logging to jira, we can find that users in projects and permission helper. Can you please advise me about this?  how can i handle this issue which finding a user and assigning a ticket to a user dose not depend to the users login to jira. it is noted that, before switching to Active directory, we did not see this problem.

1 answer

0 votes
Anju K Antony September 2, 2021

we are also facing the same issue. for us even after the user login we cannot find the user for assigning or tagging

Suggest an answer