It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cannot find the "Project Configurator" menu

Hi, 

I want to export one complete JIRA project from a staging instance to a production one.  I tried to follow this https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver085/exporting-configuration-for-changed-projects-from-staging-981155855.html but I don't have the "Project Configurator" in my user interface. Can anyone help on this? Best regards!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @s.balerin 

You will first need to download and install the Project Configurator Plugin in Jira:

Plugins can be installed from UPM :

Hi Adrian,

It makes sense... The Atlassian documentation could be more precise on this topic...

Do you know other way to achieve my project export/import?

Thanks for your answer!

Joe_Pitt Community Leader Jan 08, 2020

There is no other way. I only use the test instance to test plugins or upgrades. If I want to create new workflows, screens, etc. I build a project with them in the production instance with a permission scheme restricted to me and anyone I want to 'test drive' the project. I can keep reusing the test project applying new schemes, fields, etc. as needed. 

Thanks Joe, this is the way I was working before installing a staging instance ;-). I will go back to the trees! :-) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you