Cannot Use Custom Fields for Importing from External System

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to import issues from previous system into JIRA via CSV import.

I have added many custom fields in my JIRA.

When I try to import the tickets from CVS on the Mapping Fields screen (Setup field mappings) I can only choose few of my custom fields.

Most of my custom fields are not in the list of JIRA Field (drop down list).

In the past (few weeks ago) I use to have them all (maybe before upgrading to JIRA 5.0?).

Please help as this is critical issue for completing the transfer from our previous system to JIRA.

Thanks,

Janiv Ratson.

1 answer

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2012
Plese make sure the fields are either global or they have field configuration context for the import project and issue type. You might also check if the fields are not hidden by the field configuration scheme. Maybe Jira 5 does more strict tests
Bob Swift (personal)
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2012

We noticed more enforcement related to custom fields in other contexts after upgrading to 4.4.4 :(. Probably a good thing though in the long run.

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2012

Thanks,

The fields are not hidden as they are shown in the issue edit screens.

Some of them are global (and are not shown) some of them are per issue type (and it used to work in previous imports).

Thanks,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events