Can not create issues anymore

Steffen June 19, 2013

Hi, I did some changes in the field configuration schemes. Afterwards I tried to create an issue. It does not work, no error messages, just the waiting symbol. Would a maybe a re-index help? (my version is 5.0)

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steffen June 20, 2013
I have a provider who hosts my installation. He did a re-start. Now it is working again. It was probably caused by a plugin (issue picker). Thank you
0 votes
Patrick Li
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

Few places to check for logged errors, depending on your installation, e.g.

1. JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log
  2. JIRA_INSTALL/logs/catalina.out

I have seen similar issues before, and found some errors in logs, turned out to be plugin/custom field related. Of course, your case might be different, so looking at the logs will be the first step.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

check the atlassian-jira.log in the log folder of your home directory

Alternatively check with tools like firebug if sth. pops up

0 votes
Steffen June 20, 2013
I have no clue, whether the problem is logged and if so where. I did not change the standard settings for logging.
0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2013

And when you mention no error messages, is this from the logs?

Suggest an answer