Can I modify the anonymizer program anon.stx to not anonymize field description

Mae Lynn Low May 11, 2017

We code html tags in the description for some fields so that our javascript program knows when to display the field on the screen.  The anonymizer replaces any field descriptions with xxxx's.  Need to change the anon.stx code so it does not anonymize field descriptions.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2017

What does this have to do with Atlassian applications?

If you're using some dubious program to botch hacks into an Atlassian application's UI, the simple answer really is just "don't"

Mae Lynn Low May 11, 2017

You are correct in that the anonymizer  is not an Atlassian product.  It is however, a program that Atlassian provides so that clients can  anonymize production data before sending to Atlassian when they need our data to help with investigation.

I posted my question on this site to see if any other clients have customized the anonymizer to do less anonymizing.  We also use this anonymizer in-house to anonymize production data when we refresh our non-production environments with production data.  Trying to see if we can modify the program as we do not require field descriptions to be anonymized when the data is internally used.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2017

Ok, it's a similar answer - you'll need to hack the code of the anonymiser, not mess around with the product.

Michael May 15, 2017

Which is exactly what her question to the community was about.

Is anyone else changing the .stx files for the Atlassian support anonymizer to assist with anonymizing a subset of the data that the current .stx file anonymizes?

We want to anonymize production data in our development environment but we don't want to anonymize the field descriptions because we use those for an existing process.

lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2021

Did you ever figure out how to do this?  I was looking at how we might add some fields in for anonymization.

Mae Lynn Low March 25, 2021

Hi,

No, I was not able to get the .stx to work on customized fields.

Suggest an answer