Can I change the order of my workflow steps?

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2012

I have copied an existing workflow for a project, but want to add a step to the middle of the workflow steps, so I want it to be "step 3" instead of "Step 4". 1) Does it matter as long as I have my transitions set up right or 2) How do I get it to be Step 3 instead of 4?

I even tried to delete teh existing step 3, but it wouldn't let me, it only let me delete all the existing transitions.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2012

Order of steps doesn't matter as long as you have the transitions created correctly.

If you want to order the transitions from a single step, you can do it as described here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Changingtheorderoftransitionbuttonsand%27workflow%27menuitems

Suggest an answer