Can I add tooltips to a dashboard?

Constanze Schmidt February 2, 2021

Is it possible to create tooltips within dashboards? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

Have you looked at the Text gadget?

Dear Jack, thanks for the prompt reply:-). This is my first post, so I am really thrilled how fast this is working;-)

Do you mean this one ?example.png

I rather thought of a mouseover for specific gadgets, e.g. for the controller.

But the text gadget is at least an option. So thanks for the hint!

Kind regards,

Co  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

That looks correct but TBH I rarely use the gadget. There isn’t a mouse over solution OOTB.

Like Constanze Schmidt likes this

Thanks for clarifying:-)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2021

You might also check the Marketplace as there are quite a few addons but I don’t have any direct experience here.

Like Constanze Schmidt likes this
Constanze Schmidt March 26, 2021

Thanks to you, I am quite happy now with the text gadget to display hints and links:-)

J_Dashboard_Text.png

Constanze Schmidt March 26, 2021

Btw: Is there a reason why there is no 'project shortcuts' option in the left-side menu-bar?  Similar to other Jira boards?

J_MenuView.png

That would also help a lot. It is kind of irritating that you have it on Backlog/Kanban, but not in Dashboards.

Kind regards

Co

0 votes
kisselrubion February 3, 2021

Are you looking to adding custom details/text to a tooltip?
I'm asking because there are good apps in the marketplace that has a good tooltip in their gadgets.

Constanze Schmidt February 5, 2021

Hi, 

I would like to have tooltips in dashboards.

I am dreaming of adding custom text (explanation, hints, etc.) to a specific gadget, If you do a mouseover on this gadget, the text will appear. The way it works with workflow status or transitions.   

Suggest an answer