Bulk change for Viewer Lists on Filter and Dashboards

Fabian Brummer November 29, 2022

Hello,

is there any chance for a Mass change like a Bulk change in the Viewer List on the Jira Filters and Dashboards? I mean when I create a Filter I have to Add Viewers and Editors to see my Filter. So Is there a chance I can insta add 20 Viewers with a Bulk change to the Viewer List?

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

Hi @Fabian Brummer , I don't know of a way to do exactly what you're asking, but are some ideas (best to worst) that might help a bit. 

1. Login as a Jira application administrator and visit: Admin > System > Default user preferences. Change the "Default sharing for filters and dashboards" field from the application default of "Private" to "Public".

Note: This is a global change, meaning it impacts the entire application.

2. Next, check and see if one of the Jira APIs allows you to access and modify settings for individual user objects. Here's the link to the developer docs: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/java-apis/

3. Finally, since you have the server deployment method, you could also modify the database (eeek - potentially dangerous!) to achieve what you're after without changing the default user object sharing settings.

Hope one of these ideas helps!

Rachel Wright
Author, Jira Strategy Admin Workbook

Suggest an answer