Blank jira project homepage and confluence not accessible

Stijn Van Schoonlandt January 19, 2014

Dear,

when I log into my jira on-demand account, my homepage of projects is empty. I can only see the top menubar. I can not navigate to any of my projects. Furthermore, on the top left corner I was able to switch to my confluence sites, however that link is not doing anything when I click on it.

Through the administration pannels I can see my jira projects are there and I'm able to browse to them but that's not userfriendly and workable.

I need some help/directions in order to get this sorted out. Thanks

stijn

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2014

This sounds like you have administrator rights, but not actually "browse project"

Have a look at the permission schemes and make sure you are in the groups or roles that the permission scheme says "browse project" for. (Note that "admin can see/do everything irrespective of permissions" is a bad security model and hence, not used here)

Stijn Van Schoonlandt January 19, 2014

Nic, thanks for your quick response.

I have indeed admin rights, browse project is setup for both admin and user. Everything used to work just fine. With holidays and the birth of our third child I have not logged in for a while and now when I logged in again I experience these issues (confluence unaccessible and projects not browsable).

Kind regards

stijn

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2014

I'm afraid you're going to need to do some more digging then. If your permissions are correct, then you should see issues.

If you can work out the key of an issue you should definitely be able to see, then can you try the direct url for it? i.e. http://yourjira/browse/ABC-123

Suggest an answer