Backup feature does not work

K0TT March 1, 2016

Hi Atlassian. First of all your restore feature is a complete crap. I cannot believe that I'm required to download Cyberduck to upload a backup. Least user friendly feature I have seen. Secondly it does not seem to work at all. The backup got about 50% of my projects, why should I trust that there is not something missing?. None of the projects contain the avatar they had. Am I missing something? I went through the whole tutorial of how to backup it does not seem to work.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2016

We're not Atlassian, we're end-users like yourself (although there are Atlassians here)

This probably needs some checking of logs and the format of the restoration files - I'd raise this with Atlassian support over at https://support.atlassian.com - they'll have log access and should be able to tell you what's wrong (and possibly fix it)

0 votes
K0TT March 1, 2016

Hi Nic thank you for your answer, i have submitted a ticket to the support.

I did not mean to be rude here, but I sincerely think this feature is way to complicated

for any users just trying to backup their JIRA instance. Also if errors occur, which obviously happened in my case or backup cannot be fully completed, raise an error or some kind of notification.

Suggest an answer