Auto transition an issue based on custom field value selection

Bunty October 21, 2019

Hello All,

I am trying to auto transition an issues based on custom field value section on Create issue transition using script runner.

Example -

We have an custom field(single select) called FAI Results with option FAIL and PASS. If user selects and option FAIL on create transition the issue has to move automatically to Rejected Status same way if user selects an option PASS on create transition issue has to move automatically to Done status.

To achieve this i have followed below steps in create transition post function, however it is not working

Post function --> Script runner --> Fast track Transition an issue

Fail.PNG

Below is my workflow:

workflow.PNG

Thanks in advance,

Bunty

1 answer

0 votes
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2019

I tried the same thing and its not working for me to 

Im currently working on it 

ill update you asap 

cheers.11.png

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2019

After doing some research this process of transition can be easily done through the automation for jira plugin where u mention the condition and then u chose the action what need to be done ..its that simply 

If you havent purchased scriptrunner yet , then give it a try 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215460/automation-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Bunty October 22, 2019

Hi @Kevin Johnson

Thanks for taking time and working on this.

We have purchased script runner and we don't plans to purchase automation for Jira add-on. 

Is there any workaround with script runner?

Thanks in advance,

Manikanta

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 22, 2019

Hi 

I have raised a bug against Scriptrunner yesterday , will keep you posted .

No problem things will take time but we'll find solution

cheers

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 23, 2019

15.png16.png17.png18.pngHi, 

I just pinged the scriptrunner team and found the result ..the issue was ".?value" need to be added in the condition to check the value of the field.

This is working fine for me .

Hope it works for you too @Bunty 

cheers...!

Suggest an answer