Auto Transition of issues when the linked issue status changes using automation for jira plugin

Pooja September 25, 2018

Hi all,

1. I am using the automation for jira add-on
  2. I am linking issue from one project(JSD Project)  to another(Jira software Project)
  3. When the linked issue status moved to done in Jira software project, automatically the status of the issue in JSD Project has to change to Resolved
  4. Is there a way we can do that.
  5. I have referred to the below link, but no progress

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-questions/How-do-I-automatically-trigger-a-status-change-on-a-parent-issue/qaq-p/273658

Thanks in Advance

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2018

Hello Pooja,

You only need to use a Branch rule to determine the status of the linked issue:

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 13.39.34.png

Please, let me know if it works for you.

Pooja September 25, 2018

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I have made the configuration as per your suggestion. But still, the auto transition of an issue is not happening. 

Also In my case, the linked issue is in a different project.

Regards,

Pooja

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2018

Hello Pooja,

Since you are configuring a rule that will be applied to multiple projects, you will need to create a Global Rule by clicking on the Global Administration link:

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 10.58.48.png

Please, create the same rule, but using that option and let me know if it works.

P.S: Sometimes the Automation can take some time to finish (1 minute) once it's being applied globally. You can check the progress of the automation once you trigger it on the Audit Log.

Pooja September 27, 2018

Hi @Petter Gonçalves

Thank you for your Suggestion. It worked for me

Regards,

Pooja 

1 vote
Ram Kudmate September 15, 2022

Hi @Petter Gonçalves ,

Thankyou.

This helped me as well.

Regards,

Ram K