Associating an issue type screen scheme with a project

I can't find the view described in the second step in the link https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+Screen+and+Issue+Operation+Mappings+with+an+Issue+Type

" the screen sheme association "

where to find it please

6 answers

1 accepted

I think this can be done only when you Edit the "Default Issue type screen scheme", not creating your own.

I hope every new created Project get first "Default Issue type screen scheme" .. so when you edit this default scheme, every project will have your edited default scheme.

What version of JIRA are you using? If you're in an older version (before the "cog"), open your Admin page and open the Issue Fields section of options. Issue Type Screen Schemes is last one in that group. Click it to open a list of all of your Issue Type Screen Schemes. From there, click the Configure link next to the one you want to configure.

we are using the version 5.2.8

and i'm connected as an administrator

i created a new " issue type screen sheme "

but i don't know how to associate it to all projects

hello everybody My problem is solved , I'm gonna keep it for the moment whatever there is some limitations

i can't tell to an external client to add a screen sheme to his project just to create an issue ,i don't want to annoy the client with such constraints

Hey Hanae, which version of JIRA are you using? Have you logged in as Administrator?

Hi Hanae :)

Go to project, click on Administer Project button, then on Screens(left panel) and then you have Actions button (right) and there is an action "Use a different scheme" :)

sorry for my stupid questions

if i can make this work how can i have the " Issue type screen scheme" i have created , by default when other users will create new projects ?! without associating it myself ?

No worries Hanae, that's what AA is for :)

I'm not sure you can change the Default Screen Scheme. I'm looking now cause I can't remember but I don't see any option.

Hi Hanae, you have to go to every project administration page and go to the tab IssueTypes and then in the right the button 'Actions' and then select a issuetype scheme.

Remember you need to have administer permissions.

I think she talk about Issue type screen scheme, not Issue type scheme.

Administration section, Projects and See All Projects.

Yup, my bad, didn't read the screen word :D It's like Michal said

We need a scheme scheme to keep track of them all :-)

The advice is still correct. You need to go into each project individually and update the Isse Type Screen Scheme.

(and don't apologize for "stupid questions". we all have them!)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Apr 17, 2018 in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

792 views 2 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you