Assignee Required

JC Sheffield September 12, 2019

How do I require the Assignee field when moving from one transition to another?

1 answer

1 vote
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2019

@JC Sheffield 

Hi JC

welcome to the forum.

One option could be to set the assignee automatically once you transistion the issue

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-automatically-change-the-assignee-when-transitioning-the-workflow-705954603.html

or you could use the Workflow Validator to make sure there's an Assignee

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/advanced-workflow-configuration-749383189.html#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-validators

Cheers

Kurt

JC Sheffield September 12, 2019

Thanks Kurt!

Option 1 looks like the way to go but it won't be for a specific user. I just want the field to be mandatory so someone has to fill it in before the transition is complete.

elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2019

Hello @JC Sheffield 

You can create a new screen. Name it "Assignee", and add it to the transitions you want + add validators (If a value for field Assignee is not provided during the transition, show the following error: This field is required)

Each user that wants to transition the issue, the assignee field is required.

I have 2 questions: 

1. Do you want the field assignee to be automatically updated with the user who's transitioning the issue?

2. Do you want the user to set the assignee on him or assign to another user?

JC Sheffield September 16, 2019

Hi,

This is great info. To answer your questions 1) No 2) Yes. I think we've figured it out using a validator.

Suggest an answer