Allow blocked external sites on transition if approved

Ricky LaFleur November 6, 2019

Hello Community!

I will need your help. I work in a company where a lot of external sites are blocked and amount of request to allow access to some of them on daily basis is considerable so I was thinking creating a issue type which is going to handle these kind of requests. 

The workflow would be fairly simple:

After creation issue is assigned to Security admin who is going to evaluate request. If he approves, the site should be added to exception and allow access to all users in company. 

Has anyone did or tried something similar? I'm curious if its even possible. 

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2019

What you're talking about is a simple task issue type. I suggest you create a project for the work and assign the security admin as the project lead so they will automatically be assigned upon creation.  I also suggest you use a workflow property to restrict the resolution options to something like Denied and Accepted. 

Limiting resolution options

Use the jira.field.resolution.include workflow property

for exampl jira.field.resolution.include =1,2,3  where 1,2,3 are the resolution ids

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/workflow-properties-802592825.html

Suggest an answer