Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automation rule with IF-Else condition creates duplicate tasks?

Mariem Hamdi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 7, 2023

I am trying to create an automation rule with IF-Else condition (with OR option) for the following purpose:

If the trigger is "created task" and if "description" contains "option 1" or "option 2", then the action would be change the due date to repetitive.

However, when I create a task to test the automation rule, it creates a duplicate task with the same name,  different key and without due date

Jira1.PNGJira 2.PNGJira 3.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2023

Hi @Mariem Hamdi 

Welcome to the community.

Please share the details of you automation rule (screenshots of the config).

The will help community members in solving your automation rule issue

Mariem Hamdi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 11, 2023

Thank you @Marc Koppelaar , I just updated the question with screenshots from the automation rule

Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2023

Hi @Mariem Hamdi 

The setting of a field on a transition is most of the time not successful.

I would suggest to add an extra edit issues action after the transition action and edit the due date in that action.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events