Where can I find triggers in Jira?

Yasmeen Ali
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2024

I want to create a scheduled trigger that sends a list of opened and closed stories from an on-going Sprint. I am not able to locate the Trigger option

2 answers

2 votes
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2024

Hi @Yasmeen Ali 

Look at using automation on the project for this.

You can create automation rules and there is a scheduled trigger available for usage.

Yasmeen Ali
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2024

Thanks Marc. How do I create automation rules? I don't see any option for the same. Mine is Jira Enterprise version 

Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2024

You need to be granted project administrator permissions, to be able to create automation rule on a project.

1 vote
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2024

Welcome to the community @Yasmeen Ali 

Does this job need to be done based on the time schedule? That is a Scheduled trigger.

If it needs to be manual, then Manually triggered.

Suggest an answer