Share dashboard to anyone

Nadav Bilu September 5, 2012

I understood that sharing dashboards to anyone enables all people around the world to see my dashboard if they have the url.

however when tried, I got the dashboard but with the following message This dashboard does not contain any gadgets or you do not have permission to view them. Perhaps you need to log in to see them. which did not showed me anything on the board.

This is good for me as I don't want any non internal users to see the shared dashboard.

I understand that if I won't share the dashboard with anyone and share it only to group or user it won't be a problem.

But my concern as administrator is that someone will do it and the whole world will see my issues.

Please point me to the point in the system that prevents sharing the dashboard with anyone or to the permissions that, like now, prevent anyone to see the gadgets, so I can verify no data will be shown by accident.

Thanks, Nadav.

1 answer

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

Hi, the permission you are after is:

Create Shared Objects

Ability to share dashboards and filters with other users, groups and roles.

Only users that have this global permission will be able to share dashboards/filters/etc. Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer