• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Roadmap not showing child issues Edited

Does the Kanban Board have to include other types of issues in order for child issues to appear in the roadmap? Ours is currently only displaying Epics.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Stig Marius Rånes-Opdal,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The Roadmap currently, shows only Epics. Other issue types will show as well, but only if they are a child issue of an Epic.

There is a feature request suggesting improvements for that:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates.

For more details about how to configure a roadmap, please check the documentation below:

Kind regards,
Angélica

My problem is that my Epics have child issues within the same project, but they are not being displayed in the Roadmap. The board the Roadmap is connected to has a filter that only displays Epics (project = EP AND issuetype = Epic AND Labels != Risks ORDER BY Rank ASC) Is this filter the reason why I'm not seeing any child issues in the Roadmap?

Hi @Stig Marius Rånes-Opdal,

Thank you for the details and for sharing the filter.

I tested here on my local site and it will show only Epics without any child issues. 

Once I removed the "and issuetype = Epic", the child issues became visible on the Roadmap.

Please, change the filter of your board and test again.

If you face any issues or have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

That was the key! Thank you - now we just need to clean up our status use to keep the kanban free of other issues than Epics (but that is a different challenge :D)

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

1,237 views 18 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you