• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Attachment section missing from all my Cards

Hi all!

I just started using Trello this summer, so I'm still somewhat new to it. I used to attach documents in the Activity/comment section and they'd show up in the middle of the card so they were easy to find when I needed them quickly. But as of a few days ago, no matter what card I go into, there's no Attachment section.

Thanks in advance!

Haley

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Dec 03, 2020

Haley,

Welcome to the community.  Here are the steps on how to add attachments to a card.  https://help.trello.com/article/769-adding-attachments-to-cards   

Hi Brant,

Thanks for that, but the problem is, I've already added attachments to the card and they used to show in the middle above the activity section when I opened up the card, but now the Attachment section is completely gone. 

See attached. I created an Example Card and attached two files to it. The files show when the Card is minimized and in the list (via the paperclip icon), but then when I open it up, they're not there, and there's no Attachment Section.Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 9.15.29 AM.png

I'm thinking there must be a "View" Option somewhere that I'm missing. But strange that it used to show and now suddenly it doesn't.

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Dec 04, 2020

Haley,

When you click the card the attachments no longer show?  I am wondering if something is just messed up with the GUI.  Can you delete your cache and see if that resolves your issue.

Here's the 2nd attachment I meant to put above showing what it looks like when I open that card.  How do I delete my cache? Thank you in advance.Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 9.16.11 AM.png

Haley,

It seems like the something is out of sync.  Are you positive that this card has attachments on it?  Can you add an attachment and see if you can see the other 2 or if the count updates to 1.

Hi Brant,

Please see pics below. The first image is when I opened Example Card and you can see on the left side where it shows I have 2 attachments, but in the middle, none are showing. So I clicked the "Attachment" button on the right. I chose a picture to attach and in the top right of the screen (not shown), the words "Processing Upload" and then "Finished" came up one after another. Then, is the second image, where the number on the left side went up to 3 attachments, but still, none showing on the card.

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 4.29.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-04 at 4.30.44 PM.png

Is this happening on all cards or just this one?  If is happening on all cards is it happening on just one board or all of them?

It is happening on all cards and all boards. BUT, interestingly enough, when I opened the app on my phone, the attachments show. But on my computer, they don't.

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Dec 05, 2020

Please clear your browsers cache and see if that helps.  https://clear-my-cache.com/en/windows.html

That worked! Thank you Brant!

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Dec 08, 2020

Great to hear that.  Can you accept the answer so others know the solution if they have the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

748 views 12 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you