how to set up a workflow with one to many approvals, and all approvals are required to move on.

JustDoWIT September 28, 2020

We have an approval workflow where one approval is required.  We want to have option of many approvals needed and all approvals must be approved before workflow can move to next step.  Any suggestions on how to do this?  Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2020

hi @JustDoWIT ,

Do you want to have the option of either one or the other or just replace it with all approvals required. 

For the 2nd option u can just change that as a requirement on the workflow step under the approval options. 

to have both in one workflow the only thing I can think of is to have 2 paths in a single workflow where u have 2 different statusses both with a different approval requirement. 

JustDoWIT September 28, 2020

All approvals required.  So in the 'approvers' field, I want ability to enter 1 to n users.  Regardless of the number of approvers, all would have to approve before workflow moves on to next step. 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2020

Hi @JustDoWIT ,

In the approval step (on the workflow) you can just select that you want all approvers.

image.png

I'm guessing that right now it is set to a fixed number of 1 for you.

Like JustDoWIT likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events