Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using RSA for Two Factor Authentication into JIRA Service Management Datacenter with JIRA Mobile App

Eric D. September 23, 2022

Hi, I have been trying to set up two factor authentication into our JIRA Service Management Datacenter instance with the JIRA Mobile App, but have not had much success.

I can successfully access everything via desktop browser via RSA and Smartcard authentication.  To make things a little more complicated, our JIRA Service Management and Confluence are hosted in AWS GovCloud and sit behind F5 load balancers.

I have 2 use cases that I'm trying to get working.

1st:  Access our JSM via the JIRA Mobile App using RSA.

2nd: Access our JSM via the JIRA Mobile App using CAC/PIV (and hopefully without  expensive Thursby middleware).  This 2nd use case is much lower of priority (for now).

Has anyone successfully gotten the JIRA Mobile App (I am currently running version 1.35.0.1 on iOS) to connect to JIRA Service Management running on Datacenter (I am currently running 8.22.2 but looking to upgrade to 9.x) using RSA as the MFA.  And if yes, how and what is your use scenario.  Is the RSA authentication native within the JIRA mobile app?  Did you have to open an unauthenticated hole into your datacenter for compatibility check prior to the MFA challenge?

I've looked at the documentation that shows okta MFA natively within app (my company uses RSA...) but from talks with Atlassian support, RSA *may* also be supported within the mobile app, but this has not been able to be verified.  Hence, why I am hearing pleading my use case in hopes that someone has been able to accomplish this and share their use case.

1 answer

0 votes
Eric D. October 7, 2022

Didn't mean to click answer...

Let me ask a broader question, has anyone been able to authenticate with the mobile JIRA app using RSA to any JIRA Datacenter app?

Eric D. March 26, 2024

Still no answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events