Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting default for customer notification standard rules and layout

Stefan Brunner May 7, 2021

When creating a new service management project  the customer notifications with sample text and layout are created. We always have to change because we use another text and layout, which is equal in all our service management projects. 

Is there any possibility to change this default text and layout for customer notifications  (HTML and CSS) or to use shared configuration from a default project, which actually don't  include customer nofifications?

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

@Stefan Brunner -

For JSM customer notifications - You can change them by accessing each project's "Project settings" > "Customer notifications" section to modify the templates or manage the rules to set up different notifications at different events.

2021-05-07_9-35-21.png

Each JSM project also has a project Notification scheme, this is for handling the project notifications (non-customers) base on different issue events.  The templates format is out of the box, and should not be changed it since it is at the system level.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Stefan Brunner May 9, 2021

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately it does not help me. I did what you described several times and it is annoying to do this in every single new project in the same way. I would like to change the default at system level. Is there no possibility to change this system level setting, template or what ever it is?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

@Stefan Brunner -

Unfortunately, if you want to apply the same settings that you will need to modify the source code (out of box), which it is not recommended.  I would suggest that you contact your Atlassian Support Team for further assistance.

When creating a new project, I believe if you clone the new project based on an existing project configuration instead of creating the project via the out of the box.  Then, you should be able to share the configurations with your new project.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events