Notification / Email Limit

Nico February 14, 2021

Hi,

on the Jira Ino page is nothing regarding a limit with emails! Now i got the info, that the limit is reached for today. WTF? On the website the promote with "Unlimited mail, unlimited notification, 200 SMS"

Now i have to buy, Jira, Jira Service desk AND Confluence, thats not a great feeling...

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2021

The limitations of the free version are all listed on https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/what-is-the-free-jira-cloud-plan/ which is linked to in the pages I see about getting a trial and the free version.

Nico February 14, 2021

Thnks, that is not really transparent! On the page i see "unlimited mails". Now i have to buy the plan for $20 per Agent just to get more emails? Thats a reason to leave atlassian. On other Helpdesk software i get a way more features for this money. Is there a known way to only upgrade email limit? 

Nico February 14, 2021

And why is Jira only at $7 per User but Jira Service Mangement User is $20? I dont understand the priceing, really.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2021

Which page is it?  (I can't find any that don't have the link I mentioned)  We can ask Atlassian to improve it.

You do not need to buy JSD for $20 per agent.  Agents are expensive users, but they are expected to be few in number - the idea is that you pay a lot for agents, but the customer accounts are not charged.   

Service Desk is a separate product that goes over the top of a Jira Core, as is Jira Software, and you can licence all three of them separately - it's not uncommon to see things like 100 Core, 50 Developers (Software) and only 3 Agents licenced.  Taking any one of the three out of the free bracket will remove the restrictions on email.

Like Ajay _view26_ likes this
Nico February 14, 2021

Hm ok, so what is your suggestion? I need Jira software, JSD an confluence.

Should I order 2 users for Jira software? (We are only two using it)

i think the price mentioned is only visible from Germany, I already send it to Atlassian

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2021

I think I would be looking at a free Confluence install, then a Jira Core + Software + Service Desk install with free Core, 10 Software users and 3 Agents (the licences for Software and Service Desk can be thought of as including a Jira Core licence, as they build on top of the Core functions).  The 10 software users should remove your email limitations.

However, I do not know if it is possible to mix free and paid licences across the three Jira applications.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events