Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import CI in Insight from different sources

Andre Schmidt May 5, 2021

Hi,

we want to import specific attributes of an insight object from several imports. So lets say for example:

Object Type: Test

Attributes:

Name (Label)

ID

Description

Category

Now we have to CSV files for example and in both files the ID is the identifier for my object.

In the first file we have the attributes: ID, Name, Description

In the second file we have the attributes: ID, Category

And here is my problem: Because Name ist the label of the object type i have to add Name to the second csv or i cant start the import (error label name is missing). So if i would change the label to ID it works fine. But since ID is not the label i want to display in insight, i cant import the second file.

Ist there a workaround to make the import possible without the label? In the more complex szenario i want to archive there is no name on the second import. i have just an id but this would not be well readable by the users, since ist is a code like "43kfdskf3454".

Any Suggestions? I dont get why i have to use the label when i have a identifier....

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Nazha
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2021

Hi Andre,

Thanks so much for your question.

Fragmentation of CSV files and then joining records within Insight is not supported, instead we recommend you assemble your CSV files in a manner inline with the recommended approach.

You can find more details around preparing your data for importing into Insight at https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/import-a-csv-file-into-insight/

Thank you,

Sam
Jira Service Management

ps. if this answer is correct, please select the ‘accept answer’ button

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events