Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import Insight objects into existing object type?

Gleb Kartashov August 3, 2022

I have a CSV file and I need to update all objects of a specific type. I've set up my impot configuration with both Predefined Configuration and Predefined Structure for my already existing object type:

image.png

Importing resulted in a new child object type being created ("CSV Import")

image.png

And new objects have been created. I do not want this. I need this import to update existing objects in existing object type. Is this possible with Insight CSV Import?

1 answer

0 votes
Andrea
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2022

@gleb Yes, it is possible to update existing objects using a CSV import. To do this you'll need to manually map your CSV data to object types rather than using the predefined structure and configuration.

You can follow the documentation here for how to do that https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver050/2-create-object-type-and-attribute-mapping-1142253393.html

If you run into any issues let me know!

Gleb Kartashov August 15, 2022

Hi thanks for responding. I did run into an issue though. In my CSV file, each object has a certain attribute value. The whole point of this import is to update these values in Insight because objects are missing those values. After configuring import according to this documentation piece https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver0421/2-create-object-type-and-attribute-mapping-1115654351.html and succesfully importing these values are still missing.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Andrea
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2022

Hi @Gleb Kartashov

Hmm, I am not sure exactly what might be causing those values to not import. There are a lot of variables in imports.

Are the values being set for some objects but not others? Or is it missing for all objects?

Also what attribute type is that? Is it a text attribute?

And are there any errors/warnings in the import results?

Thanks,

Andrea

Gleb Kartashov August 18, 2022

Hi @Andrea 

Values aren't being set for any objects but no errors occur. Attribute type is just text

Thanks

Andrea
Atlassian Team
August 18, 2022

@Gleb Kartashov if it's okay, can you share a screenshot of the import results from the import that has not been successful? Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events