Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy insight object attribute value to custom field

Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2021

Hii 

I am trying to copy the value of my object attribute (status) to my custom field with smart value and not with insight postfunction. But in smart value for insight attribute just for key and name?

Who can help me ? Thanks in advance

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2021

Finally i find it. U can use iql in jql and use them in automation (post function for in edit issue mode) :)

Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2023

Hi @Ashkan Malekly ,

I am looking for the same. Could you please more elaborate on your solution?

Like Mathew Lederman likes this
1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2021

{{issue.InsightField}}

Accesses an insight field's full name, key, or summary.

Available properties

• {{issue.InsightField}} - Returns the issue summary and issue key
  • {{issue.InsightField.key}} - Returns the issue key
  • {{issue.InsightField.summary}} - Returns the issue summary
Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2021

Thanks for your answer . But i need something like {{issue.Insightfield.status}} to return the value of status (attribute) of object. 

Thanks a lot @Fabian Lim 

0 votes
Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2021

Hi @Fabian Lim 

Maybe if i can get the value of status (attribute) with rest api it is okay. But i can not unfortunatly :(

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2021

Hi @Ashkan Malekly

The easiest thing will be to use the built-in post-function where it pickups any attribute from the object and puts in any custom field.  

I'm assuming you are doing some other actions with project automation, but you can first copy the fields with the post-function and then run the project automation rule.  

Like Vitali likes this
Gestor1
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 8, 2021

Hi @Ashkan Malekly 

Could you give us more detail to understand your solution using an example of use?. Thanks 

Like Manoj Gangwar likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events