Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How i can Automate user creation in jira from incoming mail by the request raise on servicenow

Hey ,

I want to automate user creation on jira 

Explanation:

When a customer raise a request on servicenow to become a jira user, then the system admin of jira , gets a mail to add the customer manually to jira 

So is there anyway i can automatically add user to jira , whenever mail is triggered.

1 answer

1 vote
Mirek Community Leader Apr 27, 2022

You might consider enabling public sign up for your customers

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/enabling-public-signup-and-captcha-938847032.html

If not maybe setting up an incoming handler could be an option (it can also be configured to create new users based on the sender's email address). You can guide customers after creating the request in ServiceNow (or auto send them en email after approval) to send a request to specific mail and this would trigger creation without asking admin to do it manually.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-938847641.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

283 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you