Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I import data from a .csv file into a specific, previously created Object Type?

Keith Murray April 26, 2023

Hi Community, 

My technical days are long behind me but am under pressure to import our user base's laptop device details into JIRA Assets. We have 4 object types already, created by a predecessor. One of those is for this laptop estate.

When I follow the JIRA documentation for importing, I simply don't get the same import options indicated in the guidance. I've created an import configuration on the import tab after I click on the parent CMDB Object Schema--> Configure button.

I've tested this configuration and enabled it. 

I'd like to try a "synchronise" on this but I can't be certain of what object it's going to update.

My structure looks like:

CMDB

--Laptops

--Business Services

--Applications

--Servers

I've even added a new object to the child list called Laptops Test, but I can't find where to specify that it's THAT object I want to update with the data in the csv file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Keith.

1 answer

0 votes
Jeroen Poismans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Hi Keith and welcome to the Community!

Can you share a screenshot of you import that is already in place? Not only the screenshot, but expand it so you can see the Object Types that are mapped.

Regards,

Jeroen

Keith Murray April 28, 2023

Hi Jeroen, 

Thank you so much for your response. I actually battled through part of this myself and was able to perform an import after creating the pre-defined structure and configuration.

What I was able to do was prevent the import from ignoring entries already in the CMDB, and only adding new entries in the CMDB file. 

I was also unable to retain the pre-existing "created" and "updated" date and time stamps. The import simply set every "created" date to be the date of the import itself.

Kind Regards,

Keith.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events