Creating imports with Insight API

Michael Cederström May 3, 2021

Hi, 

According to your REST api documentation there is still not possible to create an import from API call right ?
Is this something you have in the pipeline for future releases ?

We are trying to achieve automation in order to trigger a import creation on the fly when AWS accounts are created.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

Hi @Michael Cederström 

In case you were not aware, this is a community-supported forum. This means that most people the provide answers here are just other users like you willing to help each other.
There are some Atlassian staff that also provide some help, but there is no guarantee that they'll see the question

This question you are asking looks more like something you should be asking Atlassian directly via their support portal.

I'm in a similar boat... I wish I had some ways to automatically deploy changes to my Insight Schemas and other configurations between Dev, Test, and Prod.
Unfortunately, the process right now is

1. Experiment and develop new Insight configuration in DEV
  2. Manually apply the same/final configuration to TEST
  3. Manually apply (hope not to make a mistake) the same configuration in PROD after testing is successful
Michael Cederström May 5, 2021

Hi thanks for your answer.
Yeah this would obviously have to be "approved" before its getting deployed.
So somekind of alert in a system and it will generate a ticket and once the ticket is approved it will be deployed on dev/stage and once its deployed and working on stage/dev it will be deployed to prod. 
How this is made is another question. But atleast need to know if the API is capable otherwise we stop looking for a solution to this.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events