Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Customers to Jira service Desk Server without Taking Jira Core License

Kevin Rice January 20, 2020

I am setting up our customers in Jira Service Desk Server 4.3 and realized that each time I add a "Customer' on the Jira Service Desk Project (Project->Customers->Add Customer) it is also adding the customer as a Jira Core user. I would like to add customers to Jira Service Desk without consuming a license in Jira Core but cannot figure out how to accomplish this. Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2020

Hi @Kevin Rice 

the license is consumed when a user is a member of a group that has a specific application access. 

check the application access page in jira to find out which groups has the jira core application access. Ensure that the users are not a member of that group or you may remove that group from the jira core application access from the same page. 

Kevin Rice January 21, 2020

Thank you @Adrian Stephen . I didn't realize the groups are what made all the difference

Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

You're welcome @Kevin Rice . 

If my answer helped, please do click on "Accept Answer" so that it can help other users who might have the similar question in the future. 

Cheers !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events