Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem after deleting custom field

Rachid Amajoud June 21, 2018

Hi,

in my Jira Service Project, i created a new custom field with the dropdown type in place of the radio button, so i unchecked the old custom field from the fieldscreens that i used before and replaced it with the new custom field. Now  i get the following problem:

How can i fix this problem!jsd_error.jpg

6 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2018

@Rachid Amajoud, you can reach out to Atlassian here. This assumes you have something other than a starter license (10 users). I will try to assist here in the community a bit later if still needed. Please update this thread if you do open a case with Atlassian. 

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2018

Hi @Rachid Amajoud I created a support request on your behalf, please see https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/3/SDS-33738 for more details.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2018

Thanks Andrew!  I was just getting back to this thread.

@Rachid Amajoud, please update this thread once you get your answer.

Rachid Amajoud June 25, 2018

thx guys, i found a solution! I just made new request forms and there are no problems with older requests! I can change the status of older requests without any problems.

grtz

Rachid

0 votes

can we setup a teamviewer session, so you can take a look?

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2018

@Rachid AmajoudThis is a community,   you  might need to  wait  and see may  be some one has   an answer to  your problem  which  i can  not  figure out at  the moment, in  as much  as  i  will  love  to  help  but  i am  at  place  of work  now  and if its  really  critical  for you to  fix this   then  please you  should highly  consider atlassian   support .

Best regards,

I wish  you  best of luck.

Okee thx a lot Thomas!

grtz

R. 

How do  I get support from Atlassian?

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2018

@Rachid AmajoudIts  clear  so  please  click  the link  at  the end " add values to  field to fix  all  request forms"so  you  must  add  values  to the new field .

Hi Thomas,

that's what i am trying to do, adding this field to the forms, but when i cllick the edit button on the request forms, i get this error on a blank page, not possible to add something. In addition a video about the issue.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QiYi8v1zOAKJTcBI0gZUxnWjWdH_pK-o

grtz

R.

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2018

@Rachid AmajoudI have seen  the video,  could you  check all field configuration of these screens ,  is this field   required or  optional ?

the field was required!

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2018

@Rachid AmajoudSo  make it optional  and try  again  lets see.

Thomas, how? i think the setting to make this optional is on the setting page of the request type pages, when i open this, i get the error as you can see on the video.

grtz

R.

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2018

@Rachid AmajoudYou can  make it optional in  field configuration,   when  you  click  on the  field configuration  used by  this screens you  will  see the optional  option.

Thomas,

indeed i did that too, but nothing changed! :-(

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2018

@Rachid AmajoudDid you  do  only  project re-indexing  or  Whole system re-indexing ?

whole system re-indexing.

Now i did a project re-index too. No difference.

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2018

@Rachid AmajoudYou must  have deleted the wrong  field You  may  want to  raise  a  ticket for this one in  atlassian   support  

Good Luck.!

Thomas,

I deleted the correct custom field, but i did this when they were still requierd on the resuest type pages. I need a way to make them optional on that page!

grtz

R.

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2018

@Rachid AmajoudI  know I saw the video :  this  makes  it the wrong custom  field because it is required when  you deleted it. Now i am  wondering  how you  could do it from  Database clear record of the old one,  but we don't know custom_field Id.

Could your recover you  Jira instance from  back_up ?

at this moment isn't an option :-(

s it possible to do just a role back of the Jira Service Desk project?

0 votes

Hi Thomas,

re-index process finished, but the problem is still there. :-(

Other options?

grtz

R.

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2018

@Rachid AmajoudThe  new custom field have you  set  values for it ? and this field which  has been  shown  on the screen   that  says  it has no  values is it the new one  ?

Hi Thomas, it is the new custom field with the same 'fieldname' the only difference is that the fieldtype isn't a radiobutton but a dropdownbox. The values are the same.

grtz

R.

I get this error when i want to edit the request types in JSD.

grtz

R.

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2018

@Rachid AmajoudI think  you  should perform  re-index ( back-ground  preferred) 

Note this could take more time depending  on  how large is  your instance.

Best!.

Thomas,

i just started the re-index process, i hope it will solve this problem!

grtz

R.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events