Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why custom field is not required?

Eleni Theodoridou February 7, 2018

Hi guys,

I am new to Jira Service Desk. I am the administrator and I have created some custom fields and add them to screens. When I am trying to make that fields required in the request, although I change the drop down to Yes and press Update button, when I open the request form the field says (optional) (see attached). Am I missing something?

Please advice,

EleniCapture.PNGCapture1.PNG

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2018

@Eleni Theodoridou, cloud or server version? Certainly the behavior is not correct. I understand why @Brittany Wispell asked the "update" question as your screen shot would indicate that you did not. If you still have "Update" showing to the Actions column of the field then please click it (again) and ensure it disappears. If you see something like below and are still seeing the fields as optional then you may wish to reach out to Atlassian Support.

req_fields.png

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2018

@Jack Brickey It's cloud version. Know of any bugs that might cause this? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2018

i did a quick search and did not find one listed. while it is certainly possible that there is a bug it would surprise me to be honest. works fine for me in cloud. regardless i would contact atlassian if you believe you have done things correctly.

Eleni Theodoridou February 9, 2018

Hi guys,

It's cloud as Brittany says. The strange thing is that although I click update a thousand times it still appears and my field appears on the issue as optional.

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2018

@Eleni Theodoridou This sounds very IT but have you tried removing the fields and adding them back again? 

I'll give it a try....I have already opened a case to support.

Thank you guys for your help. Appreciated!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2018

you bet. please respond back here w/ final resolution.

0 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2018

@Eleni Theodoridou

Did you select update on each? Do you have multiple request types? 

Hi Brittany,

Yes, I have select update on each field in that request and yes, I have multiple request types.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events