Users can't make a transition

Interbancos September 18, 2014

Hi all.

I am trying JIRA and I want that users doesn't edit issues, but can assign them to other users and also to make transitions (move the issue to another Workflow state).

What are the permissions that have to setup in order to achieve this?

Regards

Ricardo

4 answers

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2015

Only agents can be assigned to issues in a Service Desk Project, a collaborator can add internal comments but only agents can interact with the Service Desk Customers and transition the issues.

This is covered in:

Also See Mauro's comment on this related answers post:

0 votes
Interbancos September 21, 2014

Hi all.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks for your help.

Ricardo

0 votes
Interbancos September 18, 2014

My configuration is the following:

A user group can view and browse the project, can transition issues and assign issues and also can be assignable and I configured the condition that if it is a user of that group it is allowed to use the condition.

But when the user see the issue he doesn't have the transition buttons neither the assignee button (on the issue).

When I did the permission helper to see the root cause, it gives me the following statement:

"You are trying to perform an agent action on a service desk project. To perform this action, you must have a Service Desk license and both Browse and Edit issue permissions on this project."

I believe I have the service desk license, because it is a trial version which I believe have everything enabled, but I want to avoid the edit issue permission.

Thanks for the help.

Ricardo

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2014

Edit and Assign and granted by different permissions. So you can add different users in to it.

Workflow action visibility is driven by the conditions you add on the workflow. As long as you don't restrict them, users can see them and execute them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events