Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive error message "Connection Reset" when setting up email channel in Jira Service Desk

Craig Stilson April 19, 2018

Error Message: Unfortunately JIRA couldn't connect to the mail server. Here is what the mail server said: "Connection reset" Check out our troubleshooting docs for help resolving the issue.  Suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Tzu Hau Chai
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2018

Make sure the configuration is correct and also verify whether JIRA's server can actually communicate to your mail server at network level. Try checking the incoming mail log in $JIRA_HOME/log as well.

Craig Stilson May 17, 2018

I verified that JIRA can communicate to the mail server because I am able to add agents via the email system. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with my company requiring both the domain and the password for authentication.  When setting up the JIRA Service Desk email channel it only prompts me for email address and password. 

Craig Stilson May 21, 2018

This problem has not been resolved.  No response to my comment posted Thursday May 17.  We are in the process of evaluating JIRA Service Desk and need resolution on this as it is a key feature in our consideration to go forward or not with JIRA Service Desk.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events