Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple recipient comments in an email causing duplicate JIRAs to be created - JSD Cloud

Leslie Martin May 9, 2019

Our team is using a new instance of JIRA Service Desk Cloud (Jira Service Desk Application 3.3.0-OD). We are running into an issue where replies to an email chain creates a new JIRA task.

This seems to be the workflow that is causing it:

- Customer sends an email

- New JIRA created

- Agent responds to JIRA

- Email sent to customer

- Customer responds to another person in the email chain

- 2nd person responds to email

- New JIRA created. 

I don't know if there is a setting somewhere that we have missed in the setup. 

Help would be appreciated as duplicate tickets are being created daily.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2019

Hi Leslie,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Thank you for the details provided.
When someone that was not added in the ticket answer a notification, it will create a new ticket, since the person doesn't have permission to comment.
As the customer is forwarding the notification for someone that is not the assignee, reporter, participant, watcher or part of an organization when this person replies, Jira will see that the person doesn't have permission and the ticket will be created.
The best option, in this case, is to create the ticket with this person as a participant, so when the customer forward the email and they reply, the comment will be added.

Regards,
Angélica

Leslie Martin May 10, 2019

Hello Angelica,

We actually found that I didn't have Site Administration access, and the JIRA email handler was set incorrectly. 

We have changed the settings in the handler to create comments in-line, and so far seems to be working. 

Thanks,

Leslie

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Vishnu February 13, 2023

Hi @Leslie Martin 

I think I'm facing the same issue now. Could you please help me with the changes that you've made to the email handler. It will be very helpful.

Many thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events