Integrate and synchronize the Active Directory domain Users

Need to Integrate and synchronize the Active Directory domain Users into JIRA Service Desk application.

2 answers

Hello Murthy,

You could try to do this with Active Directory Attributes Sync app. The group filters, like the one you tried to apply, work there well.

Please let me know if it solved the issue.

0 votes
Timothy Chin Community Champion Jan 15, 2018

I think you can achieve this by:

1. Create a JIRA group, i.e. JIRA-customers
  2. Create a second LDAP-policy and set the newly created group "JIRA-customers" as default membership for that policy and that particular scope
  3. In the Service desk project, go to administration --> roles and map the JIRA-customers group to the "Service desk customers" role

Hi,

As like the same i created the same AD group called as "jirasdusers" group and added only respective AD users into the member of the jirasdusers group.

And after, from the jira external directory configuration, i had specified only (&(objectCategory=group)(cn=jirasdusers)) in the group schema field, but after syncroniztion succeeded result,  it was reflecting entire AD users and and groups, including disabled users in the JIRA...

Pls assist on this, i wants to reflect into the jira only the AD users which are in the member of the jirasdusers AD groups..

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

670 views 4 15
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot