Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to auto assign service requests based on the request type

Nandun Wijesinghe June 22, 2019

i have renamed the default service request types to my own  set of names.

My team has 4 engineers, hence i need to auto assign the requests to diffrent engineers based on the request type

is this possible out of the box? 

1 answer

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2019

You can use the Automation feature to do this. Here is an example of what it would look like.

16B79AD3-D04C-42C9-86E6-05BAE8E0EB51.jpeg

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 25, 2019

Jack, I guess the screen is from JSD cloud :) In server it looks older but the whole configuration is the same. In "IF" you have to put JQL so you can define more than one request type to the assignee in one box (less clicking). By clicking "+", you can add more IFs, so you don't have to create separate rule for every request type. For "THEN" box, you have to click Edit issue and select field "Assignee".

To find this configuration, go to the service desk project settings > Automation > Add new rule > Custom rule.

More about rules: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/automating-your-service-desk-939926334.html

automation.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events