How to configure recipients in message handler template

Gernot September 26, 2017

Hi,

does anyone know how to set email recipients in message handler template.
e.g. we want to send notifications to all watchers when an issue gets commented.
(same as participants)

And how to deactivate notifications sent to myself when I did the comment
Cause I don´t want to receive notifications regarding my own changes.

Thanks,
Gernot

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user September 28, 2017

Hi All,

From reading over this thread it appears that you are using the JEMH Event Listener to send issue notification emails to Jira users.

Notifications within the Event Listener are configured via project mappings for each project, within an event listener project mapping you link an existing Jira notification scheme so that JEMH knows which Jira users to notify.

When using JEMH to send issue notification emails you must remove the notifications scheme from the project itself, this prevents Jira from sending it's own email notifications (at the same time as JEMH) causing duplicate notifications.

Here is a link to our wiki page for the Event Listener: JEMH Wiki - Use Event Listener for Issue Events

In regard to all watchers not being notified, JEMH should notify all users as defined in the linked notification scheme, if this is not working as you expect please reach out to one of our support channels, Jira is the best way to contact us!

For additional support please log an issue in Jira: The Plugin People Jira

Kind Regards,

Reece

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

Hi,

I did not realize you were using JEMH.  I've added the tag but you will likely need to reach out to their support.

Sorry about that

Susan

Hi Susan,

No worries, thanks for tagging.

Gernot

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

Hi Gernot,

For "watchers" you must use the internal notification scheme that is set on the Service Desk project.  So on "Issue Commented" add in "All Watchers".

For yourself, look at your profile and see if you have the "My changes" set to "notify me".

Hope that helps

Susan

@Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_Thanks for your answer.
We have already tried to use the internal notification scheme, but unfortunately we receive the notofications twice (one from the scheme and one from the handler) Not sure why. Cause I don´t how to set the configurations for "All watchers" within the Mail handler configuration.

My changes in my profile is set to "Don´t notify me" - but I still get notifications

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2017

Hi Gernot,

Not sure what you mean by twice?  One from the scheme and one from the handler? 

Can you be more specific or paste in some examples?

Susan

Hi Susan,

we are using the email handler for the notifications.
When we activate the internal scheme as well, we get one notification from the notification scheme and one from the mail handler. Sorry for the german screenhsots.

Hope that helps`?

grafik.png

grafik.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events