Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Copy "Request Types" definition to another project

Omar K Gassama June 24, 2019

Hello,

I have several project teams configured per country. All the countries have the same "Request Types" definition. How can I copy those settings from one project to another instead of re-configuring all over again each time.

Thanks

3 answers

3 votes
Mariusz Siennicki July 28, 2020

It should be standard functionality in jira sd ...

2 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 25, 2019

Hi @Omar K Gassama ,

Unfortunately, it is impossible to create some "schemes" or copy/export configuration from one service desk project to another. You have to click all Request Types manually in every project... :(

Please vote on this request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4276 

Kate

RL May 13, 2020

Oh man, that sucks. i was just looking at this :(

1 vote
Tom Jones [Appsvio]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 13, 2020

Hi Omar

We have requested feature in our app: Feature Bundle for Jira Service Desk With it you can simply export selected request types to JSON and import them into another project. You can also find there much more features for JSD 😉

Dieter Peter September 11, 2020

Why do your feature only copy the first 3 request types?

Tom Jones [Appsvio]
Marketplace Partner
September 17, 2020

Hi @Dieter Peter 

This is because you are on an evaluation license. Please upgrade to a commercial one and you will be able to use all features without any limitations. 

Dieter Peter September 21, 2020

Hi @Tom Jones [Appsvio] 

Why should I be convinced of a trial version where I cannot test the add-on to its full extent?

Like David likes this
Steven Rhodes October 13, 2020

@Tom Jones [Appsvio] Except that the Import/Export function is only available on Jira Server, not Cloud. And the documentation only exists for Server which kind of confirms it. https://appsvio.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/TFJSD/pages/1212445/Export+Import+Request+Types

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events