Hide Comment Internally / Externally for Transitions

Is there a way to hide the Comment Option when I'm transitioning an issue, I don't want this visible when I'm making a transition from one status to another. 

2 answers

Hi @Patrick Dufresne,

Unfortunately you can't do this with JIRA right out of the box. But one great solution is to use an add-on like Power Scripts. With a few lines of code, you can easily hide the Comment box during a transition.

We've put together a short 4 min video showing you how to set this all up. We've also included the sample script we used so you can just copy and paste it to test yourself.

Hope this helps!

Johnson

Hi Patrick;

Edit Workflow-->Select transition--> edit transition--> select "none" screen as below

Image 1.png

Best regards

Thanks, assuming I did want a screen though with other mandatory fields is there no work around? I suppose adding conditions for fields to be complete would be the way around it preventing the transition from happening.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

784 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you