Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with granting Service Desk Agent access

AustinW October 11, 2019

Problem

• Service Desk Team members cannot access the Service Desk features.

Setup

• New Install of Jira with Service Desk Project
  • Active Directory integration, with users and groups importing successfully.
  • Users are able to successfully login and create issues.
  • An AD group has been added to the Project's Service Desk Team.

Am I missing something central to getting access to the Service Desk? I've read all of the related documentation I can find, but as far as I can tell the accounts I'm testing should have access. Is there a different URL they need to use?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2019

Do this users belong to the jira-servicedesk-users group as well? I don't see that detailed on the setup and it's the user that by default grants them a valid JSD license to them

AustinW October 11, 2019

Hernan,

No, they are not, and adding them did fix the issue. However, I do not understand why that is necessary. Would you mind explaining where the permissions are propagating from that requires the users to be members of that group?

I'd rather manage everything via my AD groups, and even with your help I'm not able to figure out where jira-servicedesk-users builtin group is being given these permissions.

Thanks for your help!

AustinW October 11, 2019

Ahha, I haven't had a chance to test this yet, but I'm assuming the permissions are coming from Global permissions, is that correct?

AustinW October 11, 2019

For anyone who wants to manage user access entirely through AD Groups like I do, make sure to give your AD groups the appropriate Global permissions.

For Service Desk users the default permissions will be:

• Browse Users
  • Create Shared Objects
  • Manage Group Filter Subscriptions
  • Bulk Change

You also need to grant your AD Group JIRA Service Desk Application access.

There appears to be a bug when adding AD groups where the Select Group field on almost any interface will not find many AD groups unless you type the entire group name, then it will show up as the only result.

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2019

great think you figured out the last part... I was coming back to give my answer to you :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events