Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error to create a proyect

Werner E. Goedecke R. November 1, 2017

When i try to create a new proyect in Jira Service Desk under IT Service Desk. Send me an Error:

Hmm... No se ha podido crear su proyecto debido a un error desconocido. Intente actualizar la página para empezar de nuevo.

Or when the time out for the aplication to create the board

Please can you help me

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2017

Hi Werner,

I just posted a reply to that support ticket.   I was able to see the logs you supplied there and I believe the error you are seeing is caused by an incorrect collation on the database that Jira is using. 

java.sql.SQLException: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='

This problem is also explained in the KB: hmm... we couldn't create your project due to an unknown error

Steps on how to resolve this are explained below:

1. Select a database type/version from our Supported platforms - Atlassian Documentation
  2. Create a new blank database per Connecting JIRA to a database, (paying close attention to the correct collation for that database type)
  3. Gather an XML backup of your JIRA instance. Even if you can't start JIRA, you can still find a recent one of these backups in the filesystem of the JIRA server. By default this is saved in <jira-home>/export/ folder
  4. Stop JIRA,
  5. Run the JIRA Configuration tool to tell JIRA to use the new blank database, save these changes, (if you can't run this, then you can just directly edit the <jira-home>/dbconfig.xml file to make these changes)
  6. Start JIRA up again (when JIRA starts with an empty database, it automatically launches the setup wizard)
  7. Copy the export XML zip file from <jira-home>/export/ into <jira-home>/import/
  8. Then you can import the backup using the 'Import your data' link in the setup wizard

Please let me know if you run into any problems following these steps to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Andy

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2017

Hi Werner,

In order to better troubleshoot this particular problem, I would like to take a closer look at your Jira logs when this happens.  These logs should contain more information about the problem here.

Please see the support request created for this request.

Regards,
Andy

Werner E. Goedecke R. November 3, 2017

i reinstall Jira Service Desk and now can't show the modules to create Captura.PNG

Werner E. Goedecke R. November 4, 2017

ya, not work that, i need to reinstall module and then activate the modules one by one 

TNK 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events