Hi,

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2015

No, there's no function that could create a user from a form.

The closest you could get is a listener or post-function that could take a healthy guess at a user account to set up, bypass the "needs to be admin" security and adds one based on the issue being submitted, but that would require code that you can't add to Cloud.

mel vega October 5, 2015

thanks

mel vega October 5, 2015

Okay thansk. could you please give me furhter explanations about the listeners and post-funtions?

do i need to edit my workflow to set up a post-function? but which one do i have to choose?

Thanks

melissa

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2015

A listener listens for events, like "transition" or "create" and can then do things based on the information it gets from that event. A post function runs when an issue goes through a workflow transition, and post functions are mainly for making automatic changes to data. So, yes, you'd edit a workflow to use them. However, I can't tell you which post-function to choose. It won't work. You need to find or write code for a "create user" post function, as JIRA does not have one. But, you cannot install that on Cloud. So you can't do it.

mel vega October 23, 2015

Hi, i don't have Cloud so I understand it's possible to create a script. Would it be possible to write a script for a "create user" post function via script runner? thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 23, 2015

Ah, ok, you've removed the cloud tag :-) Yes, it's absolutely possible to write a "create user" script in SR. I've not done it since JIRA moved to using (internal) Crowd for users though, so I don't have any code to hand.

0 votes
mel vega October 6, 2015

thanks

0 votes
mel vega October 4, 2015

Is there a way to create users from the creation of the issue. Indeed, I added a user picker custom field in the issue creation form. I would like to know if it is possible to create a user from this form (via a link for example) if I realize the user I'm looking for does not exist yet. The goal is to avoid to cancel the issue being created. Thanks for your answer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events