Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create task from a request

Ricardo Gonzalez July 27, 2018

I need to include create task vs sub-task from Request form, check the attachmenttask.PNG

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2018

@Ricardo Gonzalez, i'm a bit confused. You don't create a task of a task. If you want a task you create a new issue and if you want to you can link to the other task. The purpose of the Create sub-task is that it creates an issue under the current issue so you have a parent-child relationship. I suspect you realize this and there in lies my confusion. 

Ricardo Gonzalez July 27, 2018

I want to create task from a request (issue type=request). My main ticket is a request and my child ticket are the task tickets

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2018

you cannot do that. any issue that is a child of a parent is by its very nature a 'sub-task'. You could create a new issue type and maybe call it something like Task1 and make it a sub-task type but it is still a sub-task. Why do you want the child to be a "Task" specifically? What properties does the "Task" issue have that is different from Sub-task. Maybe you simply need to change the properties of "Sub-task".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events