Need help with copying a date value from one field to another field using Listener

Aisha M December 4, 2019

Hi, I need help with using a listener for the below purpose,

I want the DUE DATE field value to be copied to TARGET END DATE every-time it is created/updated for the EPIC issue Type. Also, I would like to make the TARGET END DATE field unedittable.

Can anyone please help me with a listener to help achieve this.

Thank you 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2019

Hi @Aisha M ,

My advice would to be to create a "Script Field" (gg > Script Fields) with this configuration image.png

with a Date Time Range picker searcher : 

image.png

and make sure to edit the context so it is only available for epics : 

image.png

Lastly add the field to the relevant screens, and voila !

This way the field will be synchronized with the due date in real time.

Aisha M December 5, 2019

Hi @Antoine Berry , Thank you so much for your help :) This seems like a great way.

But, my team insists that this needs to happen with the TARGET END DATE. I am confused how to make it happen as this field is a locked JIRA field . .

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2019

Why are they insisting to use that field ? Is it used somewhere else ?

Aisha M December 5, 2019

@Antoine Berry They want to keep both the field uniform with the values. 

Aisha M December 9, 2019

@Antoine Berry I ll mark your reply as answer, as it seems like another good option :)

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2019

I think if you just want a copy of a field it is the most appropriate/easy solution. Do you still need help with the listener ?

Aisha M December 9, 2019

@Antoine Berry Well, looks like a different member from my team has successfully worked on it and is in the testing phase. Anyway, thank you for your quick help as always :) 

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2019

You are welcome ! Let me know if you need anything else in the future.

Aisha M December 15, 2019

@Antoine Berry Hi Antoine,

Can you please help me with the below question,

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Need-help-to-automatically-assign-Epic-Link-during-Story/qaq-p/1233630#M392523

Would really appreciate your help. Thank you ! 

Suggest an answer