Hide fields in View Issue Screen

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

Hi,

I want to hide some fields (like Priority or Assigne) in View Issue Screen to *some users of my system* (that are in specific group).

I test 'Behaviours Plugin' but doesn't work for me, because I can't hide fields like Priority or Assigne to View Issue Screen, *only* when I edit my issue, so this isn't that I'm looking for, because I want to hide fields of Jira, not custom fields.

I see plugin 'Field Security Plugin' but it's not free...

Is there any method or plugin *FREE* for hide this fields in View Issue Screen or Create Issue Screen?

Thanks in advance!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2013

No, that's why we always recommend the field security plugin, or doing it with javascript (which won't hide it in the html)

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2013

Thanks Nic!

So I will try to do it with javascript!

1 vote
Erik Gotera October 14, 2013

Dani,

Has conseguido solucionar este problema?

Puedes pasar la solucion por aquí?

Gracias. Un abrazo socio!

Translate:

---------------

Dani,

You got to fix this?

You can put the solution here?

Thank you!

----------------

0 votes
StayAtHome July 15, 2020

Why is this question marked as "Solved?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2020

Because it has an answer which is correct.

On July 15th 2020, there was a problem with Community where a load of answers and comments disappeared (hidden or deleted, I don't know), so I suspect this was one of the affected questions.  You asked on a day when you couldn't see the answer!

So have another read ;-)

Like StayAtHome likes this
0 votes
David Toussaint [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2013

guys, if anyone is still looking for a solution: we described a pretty low level (i.e. soft-hiding, on the client side) approach to this issue here. Please feel free to look onto this and come back at me in any case of questions.

Disclaimer: this solution requers a small plugin of which we are the developers. Better be honest upfront ;)

Rusul March 11, 2014

Hi, what is the small plugin? This (Hhttps://support.communardo.de/display/cute/JIRA+Field+Hiding+Extension ) Is not a valid plugin.. Please help with some instructions for a beginner like me.

David Toussaint [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2014

Hi, the Plugin itself ist located here. But it only serves as a 'framework' to provide the basis for the solution described in the above mentioned link.

What you need to do is to install the Plugin from the Atlassian Marketplace and than walk through the instructions I provided above.

Does this help?

Franz Reichard _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2020

Hello,

as we moved our documentation the documentation about the Jira Field Hiding Extension with CUTE for Jira can be found here now.

If you have further questions or support requests you can always contact our support.

Kind regards

Franz
Communardo Support

Suggest an answer