Copying field values from one issue to another

Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2014

Trying to copy issue field values from one to another during a workflow transition. Probably possible in Groovy (script runner). Any reference is appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Simon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2014

There is a function in the transition you can add called "Copy Value From Field to Field". This will allow you to choose source/dest fields.

Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2014

Thanks Michael, that function works only within the issue itself. I am looking for a function that would copy field values from one issue and paste the values for the field in another issue.

Michael Simon
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2014

How are you distinguishing what issue to copy the value to? Parent? Linked Issue?...

Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2014

I could do any of them if there is a way to copy field values from one issue to another.

Michael Simon
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2014

I guess I'm spoiled with the "JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions". Here are just a few of the added post functions available.

• Copy field value to parent
  • Copy Value from Field to Field
  • Add field value to parent
  • Set field value from parent

Check it out. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmwe.jira-misc-workflow-extensions

Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2014

Thanks Michael, the caviat with that is that the functions work within the single issue not across issues.

Suggest an answer