error after installing jira suite utilities plug in

Jessica K May 26, 2016

I installed the JIRA Suite Utilities plug-in.  I modified one of my workflows to add a post function.  Now users are getting this error when trying to transition/move a status in that workflow. "Could not load FunctionProvider class.  It seems that you have tried to perform an illegal workflow operation.  If you think this message is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators."

I am also getting this error "Error rendering 'com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities:transitions-summary-tabpanel'. Please contact your JIRA administrators." in other workflow/projects that are not using the plug in. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

Hey Jessica!

Hopefully fixing this is as easy as a re-install of the plugin.  Check out this doc:

Workflow action results in "Could not load FunctionProvider"

Give that a shot and let me know!

Thanks!

Jessica K May 26, 2016

Thanks for the quick reply!  I tried re-uploading the .jar plug in and am still getting the error.  Should I uninstall the plugin and try again?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

Oh, you're installing it that way?  That should normally be fine, but give the reinstall a shot through the UPM.  If that's no good, then yeah, give it an uninstall and reinstall.

Jessica K May 26, 2016

when trying to access, I get The Atlassian Marketplace server is not reachable.

any thoughts on how to make it reachable?

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2016

Hmmmm.  The host that the JIRA instance lives on, is it able to reach outside resources, (e.g. Google)?  Or is it totally siloed in your network?  That'd be the first thing I'd check.

Beyond that, it might be related to a Java cert issue.  Take a look at this:

The Atlassian Marketplace server is not reachable

Nothing like finding problems on top of problems!  sad

Roman Samorodov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2016

You'd better install add-ons manually using "Upload add-on" button. It's much easier than connecting to marketplace through the JIRA.

All versions current plugin are on "Version history" page.

0 votes
Jessica K June 7, 2016

Thanks Cody! That worked.

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2016

Awesome!!  Great to hear.  laugh

If you wouldn't mind marking this as answered, I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events