changing workflow and Jira hangs

Christopher Graff June 4, 2019

Working in Jira (8.1.0), when changing the workflow of any item from the item's form, Jira hangs. if we change the workflow by drag-n-drop from a board it works just fine.

Checking developer tools when it hangs I see the below error:

HTTP400: BAD REQUEST - The request could not be processed by the server due to invalid syntax.
GET - http://jira/it/s/0779c6c5fb3f3abc359a619f8b465c59-CDN/-wwer5f/801000/6411e0087192541a09d88223fb51a6a0/31b0e646a5cf953aa7bfe60332e61cc4/_/download/contextbatch/js/jira.edit.issue,-_super,-jira.view.issue,-jira.project.sidebar,-com.atlassian.jira.projects.sidebar.init,-project.issue.navigator,-atl.general,-jira.rich.editor.api,-jira.rich.editor,-com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-development-integration-plugin:0,-jira.general/batch.js?agile_global_admin_condition=true&baseurl-check-resources=true&healthcheck-resources=true&jag=true&jaguser=true&jira.create.linked.issue=true&locale=en-US&richediton=true&user-logged-in=true&whisper-enabled=true

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2019

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for asking this question in Community.  Sorry to hear that you are having this problem with Jira.  I understand that you are seeing a HTTP 400 error, but I'm unclear as to the exact steps you take when getting this.

Are you editing a workflow itself when this error happens?  Or did you mean that you are trying to transition an issue between statuses when this can happen?

If this happens when transitioning issues (say from open to in progress for example), then I would recommend checking out the KB JIRA elements fail to render with HTTP 400 error.  Your descriptions seems almost the inverse of that KB, where transitions on a board fail, but transition in issue succeed. 

Is your Jira site behind a windows based proxy server like IIS?  If so, then I think that this KB would apply here.  There is a known configuration problem for IIS servers in regards to the character limit of the requested URL.  There is a work-around in the KB that can move past this problem.

If this is not a proxy like IIS, but some other proxy, I would be interested to see if you can try to follow How to bypass a Proxy and SSL to test network connectivity to confirm the source of this problem.

Please take a look at these resources and let me know if you have any questions or concerns here.

Cheers,

Andy

Suggest an answer